It’s always nice to have some easy recipes that can add a little festivity to family meals, picnics, or parties around the 4th of July holiday.
If you appreciate healthy sweets, easy recipes, and pretty presentations, then this dessert should be right up your alley. Here’s another pretty presentation of fruit in a jar.
With just the right serving dish and a little effort, it can look like something from the front cover of a magazine. It makes it hard to bring yourself to eat something so pretty, BUT … we somehow managed.
1/3 Blueberries or Black Raspberries
1/3 Homemade Ice Cream or Cream Cheese/Whip Cream Dip
1/3 Red Raspberries, Strawberries, or Cranberries
There are many variations of homemade ice cream, so just use whatever your family enjoys.
I made a cream cheese/whip cream dip. We don’t have any goats or cows to milk for fresh raw milk and cream, so I made ours with the store-bought whip cream. If you don’t mind an occasional non-real food treat, then here’s how you can make it with store-bought whip cream.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
16 oz. Cream Cheese (homemade or store-bought)
4 oz. Frozen Whip Cream
1 Tbsp. Sugar (I use organic granulated cane sugar.)
- Allow the cream cheese to soften a bit and the whip cream to thaw out just a little.
- Rinse the fruit, and allow it to dry (or pat dry).
- Dump the cream cheese, whip cream, and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- With a mixer, mix until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- Pour your 1/3 ratios of blue berries, homemade ice cream or cream cheese/whip cream dip, and red berries into glass serving dishes.
- Keep them refrigerated until you’re ready to serve.