Most people have gotten into poison ivy at least once, and suffered the consequences. However, some have been blessed with a natural defense against poison ivy’s urushiol oil. They seem to experience no allergic reaction.
My grandpa is such a person. As a young boy, … I shudder to even say this … he ate poison ivy. I don’t know, or remember, why. Maybe it involved a group of little boys trying to outdo each other in double-dares. Who knows, but he learned he’s not allergic to poison ivy. (Do NOT eat poison ivy. Doing so is EXTREMELY dangerous.)
For those not like my grandpa, the constant itchy and burning sensation can be so intense they’ll go to extreme measures to find relief. I read how one person broke open their blisters, and then poured bleach on them. Someone I know poured gasoline on his poison ivy rash.
In this post, we’re going to stick to natural remedies.
This was shared on the following blog hops or link-ups:
Homestead Barn Hop
Simple Lives Thursday
Simple Living Wednesday Link-Up
The Morristribe’s Homesteader Blog Carnival
Your Green Resource