It’s time for another compost worm post. If you missed the previous posts, you can catch up on the series with the below links.
WHAT to Feed Compost Worms
Compost worms’ diet is similar to a vegan diet. It’s the best comparison I can think of, but there are a few important exceptions to the worms’ diet:
- No processed food (there may be a few acceptable ones, but, in general, no processed food);
- No onions (I’ve read conflicting info on this one), but green onions are okay;
- No oils (olive oil, sesame oil, butter [but vegans don’t eat that anyway], etc.);
- Citrus and other highly acidic food in only small quantities; and
- All the food should, ideally, be spoiled.
Those are the biggies.
There are also some “extras” that compost worms eat, but vegans don’t eat:
[Join me over at The Prairie Homestead for the rest of this post.]