I know virtually nothing about mushrooms – which ones are edible, which ones are poisonous, which ones are hallucinogenic, what their names are, and so forth. However, living in a very shaded area, and with all the recent rain, we have them everywhere! The ones I see most often are not very attractive, and they pop up all over my landscaped mulch areas.
About a year ago, we had a few families from our church over to our house. One of them brought a Morel mushroom to show us what they look like, thinking we might have some in our woods. After seeing the Morel, I realized I had never seen one on our property, at least not around the house. Well… about a week ago, I saw a single mushroom that just might have been a Morel. If you’re not familiar with what a Morel mushroom is, I do know they’re edible and, I think, VERY valuable… or maybe that’s Truffles. Hmmm…
Since John and I know nothing about mushrooms, I simply photographed it, and then tossed it into our ravine. And I saw another one just yesterday.
Is this a Morel mushroom??? I’ve heard they can resemble a poisonous mushroom.