Today, Tuesday, March 1, 2011, is a momentous day for me – the launch day of Your Gardening Friend…my first website ever. Consequently, I felt it would only be appropriate to make the first official post a thank-you post to those who played a significant role in bringing this to fruition. So, I offer a HUGE thank you to:
- God – God has allowed me this exciting adventure. He brought just the right people and resources into my life at the perfect time, and has shown me in both BIG and small ways His approval. He’s also guided me thru creating a website, something I pretty much knew nothing about only two months ago.
- John [husband] – John has been so supportive of this decision and all the time I’ve poured into getting the site up and running. He’s also been telling coworkers about my gardening blog, which means a lot to me. I think I even saw a glimmer of pride (in a good way) on his face when I showed the site to some family. A spouse’s genuine approval and support are of great comfort and value.
- Amber [best friend] – Amber has been my constant cheerleader and has shared a genuine interest and excitement in the creation of this site. At times she’s been as excited about it as I’ve been. She’s a technical writer by trade and has provided these services in critiquing and editing some of my first posts that are now ready to publish. She also did a lot of work in getting me a mulch calculator and table for the site, which may or may not be uploaded by the time you read this.
- My mom, Heather [sister], and Amanda [sister-in-law] – This team of women helped me when I was hitting a brick wall trying to come up with a name for the site. There seemed to be no end to their creativity.
- Blogging with Amy – Amy Lynn Andrews, with her Blogging with Amy site, has been an invaluable resource. I would have been so lost without her step-by-step tutorials and videos on how to set up different aspects of a website. She’s also graciously replied to every email question I’ve sent her way.
- Five J’s Design – Joy Miller of Five J’s Design did an outstanding job creating the header for this site. Those who know me well know I can be a bit of a perfectionist…to a fault, and she was great to work with with all my indecisiveness and, other times, very particular requests. It was such a pleasure working with her. I highly recommend her. She has an impressive portfolio on her site, and I would encourage you to check it out.
- Money Saving Mom – This site was my first real encounter with blogging and one that inspired me down this path. It was also a great encouragement to see how Crystal Paine openly shares her faith throughout many posts.
- Naturally Knocked Up – I’m grateful for the opportunity to advertise my blog on Donielle’s site. Naturally Knocked Up is, as stated on her site, a blog about “increasing the odds of conception through natural living and nourishing foods” – another site you’ll want to peruse.